We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What resort has the best swim up rooms?

Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
What resort has the best swim up rooms?

We have stayed at Excellence, Dreams, SSS, and SM. We enjoyed the swim ups the best at SM and Dreams they seemed a little more private. Just wondering if anyone had stayed anywhere else that has nice swim up rooms?

mama2four
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

The swim-ups are always important to us also! We loved them at SM and found the ones at EPM to be bad. We will be booking one at SSS tomorrow, but will pay the extra to get preferred club in order to have more privacy. Don't care for the patch of grass, but think the resort fits us. As we were narrowing our search we found that El Dorado Royale had some great swim-ups...very similar to SM, so you may want to check them out! Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
El Dorado Royale, by...
11,307 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

FYI:

You can be in the Preferred Club at SSS and not have any privacy/

mama2four
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

Yes, I did notice the lack of privacy in some PC rooms at SSS and plan to email the resort about that ahead of time! Thanks for the warning anyhow, 5Stars4Two!

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

Just remember a request is just that. Even with a request you can still end up someplace you do not want to be, the hotel is under no obligation other than to put you in the catagory of room that you paid for.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

There is no privacy at SSS swim-ups. They are more like ground floor rooms that open up to a pool. They are in the buildings closest to the ocean though.

mama2four
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

Yes, we realize most of this....but we're hoping for the best and willing to make it a blast no matter what! Ideally we'd get in the building closest to the ocean, a touch away from the main pool scene! We'll see I guess!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

We too love swim ups! I think the SM are wonderful and I really like that you can step off the patio into the pool. Unfortunately not many really step into the pool, which I think is a true "swim up"!! El Dorado Maroma has a true swim up that looks really nice also!

We are looking to finally go for our "20th Anniversary" next summer and I've been researching the area to death and just can't decide! Tops in the running are ERC, SSS, El Dorado Maroma and EPM! I'd love to throw in an adults resort on Isla Mujeres, but not sure of the area yet!! And that would just be so much more research!

Great thread......keep the info coming.....this just may help me make the decision!!

Mentioned in this post
El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
El Dorado Maroma, by...
4,489 Reviews
Playa Maroma, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

El Dorado Maroma has really nice swim up suites with good privacy compared to other resorts we have been to.

Mentioned in this post
El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
El Dorado Maroma, by...
4,489 Reviews
Playa Maroma, Mexico
Cottage Grove
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

We stayed in a swim-up at El dorado Royale and at El dorado Seaside and liked Seasides better. Block 39. Liked Royale better though but Seaside was nice.

Mentioned in this post
El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
El Dorado Royale, by...
11,307 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Port Elgin, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What resort has the best swim up rooms?

Wisconsin, can you clarify which swim-up you liked better - Dorado or Seaside? Did you find the beaches comparible or was seaside much better?