We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Is there a road from Leona Vicario to Puerto Morelos? Or do I have to drive all the way back to the airport area and then go south on 307? My map shows a gray road, so now I'm not sure if its really a road. Thanks.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

http://maps.google.com/ shows one, and the satellite view backs that up.

The latter also shows there's no exit from the toll road; you'll swish right past it if not careful.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Yes and it is a paved road now.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

if you are driving from Valladolid on the old road you will get to Leona Vicario and just before the town square you will see a road that veers off to the right, I think there is a very small sign, that will take you to the Ruta de Cenotes and about a half hour later to Puerto Morelos. If you miss that just turn right when you get to the town square. if you are coming on the toll road you will not see Leona Vicario but you will arrive at the outskirts of Cancun and there is a smallish sign that points to Tulum and Playa del Carmen on the right, this road will join you back to the highway on the south side of the airport. If you miss that then you are in Cancun. Both roads are well paved. Not advisable to do any of this at night but somehow I ALWAYS end up doing it at night!

Edited: 29 September 2013, 22:35
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Is this the same road that goes by Selvatica?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Good advice, cat. The road is good but also good advice to avoid at night if possible.

Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Thanks everyone! I plan to drive it during the day but if it's not safe at night, why will it be safer during the day? Is it worth it to take it?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Perhaps because you have a better chance of seeing animals crossing or standing on the road during the day.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
41,116 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Also many walk on the roads at night and often bicycles with no reflectors or lights, to contend with at night. I have done it but not recommended.

Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

Thanks!

10. Re: Valladolid to Puerto Morelos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 12:18