We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early March, 2015 visit

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Early March, 2015 visit

We are looking to visit for a couple of nights first week of March. I read about recently reading about seeing lots of seaweeds which can be a bomber. Is this the situation in recent days, still?

Also, i read about "sugar fine beach sand" and I'd like to think that it means the sand is not powdery like Boracay.

I'll be looking for restaurants for dinner and need to search for how to get around. I know how to bike but not motorcycle.

Hope to hear from you.

15 replies to this topic
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Early March, 2015 visit

@Sampag1ta ..... I quite agree with your observation that Bantayan is an 8 to Boracay's 10....and 8 is quite good. It has almost white sands although admittedly, not as fine as Boracay's. I have yet to find a beach in the Philippines with sand as fine as Boracay's.

Yes, the landscape is rather flat and to me, it's perfect. We didn't go out much, slept early and woke up early. I believe Boracay was that way, too in the mid-80s when "Bazzura" or at least, that's what I think it was called -had blaring speakers to keep the disco babes happy and the bone tired wanting to catch Zzz pissed.

The drive from Mactan Cebu Airport to the Port took us about 2.5 hours and about P2500 by private car....I think.

I have not been to Malapascua but I hear that the ferry ride across is only half an hour.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Early March, 2015 visit

I have not been to Malapascua but I hear that the ferry ride across is only half an hour.

----------------------------------------------

The ferry ride from Maya to Malapascua is 30 minutes

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Early March, 2015 visit

@big_jim_leyte thank you. you're right .... the jump off point is Maya to get to malapascua island ...

I recently heard that the Virgin Island near Bantayan Island is also worth a visit. It takes about 30 minutes by banca. While we could see the island from the beach, we were too contented to venture to the Virgin Island. We will do so next trip for sure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Early March, 2015 visit

How do you actually get to the island ... ferry? Do you have details?

No flight?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
65 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Early March, 2015 visit

@torontorod A ferry, locally known as RoRo takes passengers and trucks/buses from the main island of Cebu to the Santa Fe port in the Bantayan Islands. This trip took us 1 hour, 10 - 15 minutes. There are several trips each day. I reckon around a dozen. From the Santa Fe port, your resort's pickup arrangements take over - if you made one ahead of time.

This should be a good time to go to the Bantayan Islands. Woo-hooo !

Reply to: Early March, 2015 visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Fe