We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

Redland Bay...
Level Contributor
9 posts
88 reviews
Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

It is difficult to find information/reviews about this company and even more difficult to find anything on the Sydney office. My recent dealings with them are the most horrendous agent experience ever and I really feel that someone should start this conversation...

In August lat year I booked and paid for a short Croatian cruise for this coming July. Two days after payment, I was told I had to pay extra; so I did. The original booking agent left employment with Goway a month after taking my booking. Her replacement is Lisa in the Sydney office.

I STILL do not have a voucher for this cruise, nor any information from Goway whatsoever...not even the address of the port nor time to board! I fly out next week.

My emails, telephone messages and even her promises to call me back all are left unanswered and not done. I eventually contacted the cruise directly who confirmed that there was a booking made but that i had to get my docs from the agent of course. This didn't raise a response from the agent either.

Fearing that Goway had not paid for the cruise, I contacted the cruise line again a week ago and relayed my story, sending them my proof of struggles. They sent me the information booklet I needed and have assured me that they will let me board without a voucher if Goway does not provide it (I do expect to have an issue at the port of course).

I cannot express how stressful this experience has been and continues to be, until I am safely on that boat...or not????

95 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
15,298 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

Hi,

Thanks for reinforcing my preference for DIY travel and booking directly.

A wise person once said "the mark of true genius is to learn from the mistakes of others".

Cheers,

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,513 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

So have you raised a complaint with Consumer Affairs? Unless people tell them businesses are shonky, they can’t do anything.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

OZ. I have found that many smaller cruise lines will only take bookings from an agent. Last year I booked a small ship cruise in Alaska and used the same Auckland company as I had used several years earlier for a small ship cruise in Croatia. Generally they have been good so I will not name them but a week before my departure last year I received the documentation showing I was boarding in a different Alaskan city. The ship goes 7 days Juneau to Sitka then 7 days Sitka to Juneau. I rang Alaska and was told my previous beliefs (and all my flights etc) were correct. I emailed the company and thanked them for the heart attack i had not needed. They apologised and a bottle of wine was in my cabin when I sailed. So while I do try DIY travel it is not always possible.

Oz
Level Contributor
15,298 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

Hi,

Thanks for the info Brian.

I haven't had that experience yet but we are considering a cruise in Scandinavia next northern summer so thanks for the "heads up" if they won't take direct bookings.

Cheers,

5. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2018, 22:25

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

Sadly, your experience is being shared by many people, some much worse.

1 post
7. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

What do you know about this agent. I’ve just had shonky dealings woth her

8. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2018, 18:45

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
49 reviews
9. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

Bruce it’s a super bad idea to post your mobile number on what is a very public forum I suggest you remove your post. If anyone needs to contact you they can do so by using TA’s private message service.

10. Re: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

Removed on: 11 July 2018, 22:24

Reply to: Goway Travel Agency, Sydney, Australia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted