We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking food to interstate destinations

1 post
Taking food to interstate destinations

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I am wondering if there are restrictions taking food/wine/dairy products from Melbourne to Cairns.

I am flying from Melbourne to Cairns and then travelling to Port Douglas. I am staying in a self contained flat whilst I am there and due to late arrival wondering if I can take a few items with me so that I will not have to shop until the day after arrival. I wanted to take wine, cheese, long life milk and biscuits.

Thanks in advance of your response

3 replies to this topic
Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Taking food to interstate destinations

No problems with those things. The main restriction on taking foods interstate is with fruit. I have never been through any sort of quarantine flying interstate back into Qld but have had to throw away fruit going into Tasmania and even after that the beagles took a great liking to my bag as they could still smell the grapes :)

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
9,418 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Taking food to interstate destinations

The main area of concern , in crossing states are Fruit and vegetables and Honey.

I do not see a issue with any of your items.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
114 reviews
3. Re: Taking food to interstate destinations

There is also a Night Owl grocery store in Port Douglas open until 1AM.

Reply to: Taking food to interstate destinations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted