We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Australia

2 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Australia

Hi, I am going alone to Australia for 1 month because the people I was traveling with are not coming. Do you know any website where I can meet people to travel with or to ask some questions?

Thank you very much.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Great Barrier Reef Diving and...
660 Reviews
from US$123.90*
Free Cancellation
Blue Mountains Day Trip and River...
863 Reviews
from US$168.90*
Free Cancellation
Great Ocean Road Small-Group Ecotour...
1,553 Reviews
from US$101.40*
Free Cancellation
4 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Australia

You can ask us questions to help you plan you’re trip.

If you’re a backpacker, you could try travellers point. You’ll also meet people in hostels.

If you’re not back lacking, you may meet people if you go on tours. I’ve been travelling so.o in Australia since I was 23 more than 30 years ago and never found it a problem. Then again, I’m perfectly happy on my own and often prefer that to having someone with me all the time. Particularly if I don’t know much about them. It’s one thing chatting to strangers in a restaurant, bist trip or tour or even on public transport but I wouldn’t be keen to head off into the blue yonder with a stranger.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
6,060 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Australia

You can also ask your question on the "Solo travel" forum.

https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12357-Solo_Travel.html

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,539 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Australia

Lol Navy don't send him to the Solo forum. The rapid reporters there get every post referring to "meeting people" deleted as dangerous and non travel related. I think they are all unadventurous 80 year olds.

OP try the Travellerspoint website and forum. It's filled with the under 30s on backpacking or working holiday trips and they all happily organise meet ups.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,280 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Australia

as above, try forums on www.travellerspoint.com for backpacking style holidays

But always ask questions here but we need to understand your interests and when you are coming here ??

Reply to: Trip to Australia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted