We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
help

Hi guys...I am looking to go to Australia for 3/4 weeks from the uk. This will be mine and my partner first time going here. For a Skelton for our trip we are thinking Sydney,Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and cairns can people suggest anywhere else to go or amount of time we should spend in these places any advice would be appreciated thanks

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
25 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help

What month are you considering visiting as this will definitely play a role in what we would recommend

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,892 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help

5 places is definitely possible in that time frame.

Suggest you do Perth as a stopover either on the outbound journey and continue on tomthe Arstnof the country or fly out to the East and do Perth on the way back.

Without knowing why you want to go to those places (all on the Ckast and mainly cities) and what you want to do, it’s impossible to say how long you need. When I’m organising my trips, I do a bit of research on places I’m thinking about going to work out what interests me and wht I absolutely must do whilst there. This determines how long I need in each place. I deduct travelling time between each location and then I know if it will fit in my overall time frame or not. If it doesn’t i the. Have to decide whether to drop a location all together or drop some activities at various places.

If you tell us why you picked these places and what you want to do, we can give you an idea of how long you’d need to do that. This needs to start with your input. For example if you tell me you’re only interested in Melbourne city itself and seeing certain places in the city, I may say you could easily do that in 2pr 3 days. If you say you want to see the city, self drive the GOR, include the Grampians, go to Philip IslNd, explore the Yarra. Alley - I’d say you need a week at least.

I much prefer Port Douglas to Cairns but I don’t know anything Bout you, so you may prefer Cairns.

Be Ware that Australia is so huge it has different climates and whilst it’s ideal in the North, it’s not in the South and vice versa. When you’re going determines where mY be best to go.

Use this site for research https://www.australia.com/en-gb

Do. It book any non refundable travel until your visas have been granted. https:/…651-

Come back with more information and specific questions after doing some research and we’ll be happy to help you plan a trip that’s right for you, your budget and interests

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Grampians
Grampians
Victoria, Australia
Yarra Valley
Yarra Valley
Victoria, Australia
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,892 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help

You seem to have 2 accounts (against the rules - contact the help centre to merge them) and posted the same question 4 times. I’ve reported the other 3 as duplicates.

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
17,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help

>>can people suggest anywhere else to go or amount of time we should spend in these places<<

You've listed 5 cities, you've said nothing about why those cities and not others and what you want time to see in those and what your interests are to encourage further suggestions, so while we have a lot of info and advice we are happy to share, to get what's relevant to you it would help if your give us more to work with.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help

" When I’m organising my trips, I do a bit of research on places I’m thinking about going to work out what interests me and wht I absolutely must do whilst there. This determines how long I need in each place. I deduct travelling time between each location and then I know if it will fit in my overall time frame or not. If it doesn’t i the. Have to decide whether to drop a location all together or drop some activities at various places."

Amo, clearly we are twins separated at birth :-)

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help

Mid December-mid january

Canberra, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
17,714 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help

Post #6 >>Mid December-mid january<<

That's summer, expensive peak season, bushfire season, and wet season and stinger season in the tropical part of the country. With some more info about your interests and the reasoning for your destination choices we could help you make the best of it, or perhaps you are open to choosing a different time of year to better suit your main priorities and intended activities.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
10,892 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help

Gemma, we’d love to help you but you need to tell us more. This isn’t twitter, you can use sentences.

We don’t know whether your in your 20s on a backpacker budget wanting adventure sports and nightlife or something completely different.

It’s fine if you don’t want to tell us more, just don’t expect much help. Maybe go to your nearest branch of Trailfinders but you still need to explain what you want.

Different timing would be better ut perhaps you want to experience NYE in Sydney? Book soon for that and have a ig budget, enormous OJ’s would be even better

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: help

Hi

We are mid to late twenties and we want to know the best places to visit in each of these towns , what would you suggest as the must sees . We won’t be going there to party it would be To mainly see the best sights .

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help

"Best" is an entirely personal thing. What one person thinks is a "must see" may well bore the pants off someone else. Your budget may also affect what is achievable.

Instead of offering incomplete information in dribs and drabs, why do you not answer the questions you are being asked, which are being asked in order for the other posters to assist you properly? You want others to essentially plan your holiday for free for you, but you don't seem willing to come to the party enough to at least put the framework in place.

Reply to: help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted