I am intending to arrange a road trip with my friends from Singapore to Australia this coming end Dec. As we are planning to countdown in Sydney, hence we are thinking of heading to Melbourne first to visit Great Ocean Road, before arriving Sydney as the last stop. I have some questions that I would like to hear from you all.
1. Is it better to get a return airfare, or we should get open trip instead (2 one way tickets)?
2. Should we consider driving from Melbourne down to Sydney, or take domestic instead?
3. Is it better to stay in hotel, or any airbnb or farm-like stay?
4. What are the places that we should consider visiting, within the 10 days?
5. How hot can the weather go up to during Dec? And will it turn cold during the night?
6. Any recommended agency to rent car in Melbourne? As we don't intend to drive in Sydney. Or is there a need?
Thanks in advance all for your help! :)