We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Birthday surprise!

Leeds
11 posts
Save Topic
30th Birthday surprise!

Hi

My partner and I will be visiting Sydney for a few days as part of our Honeymoon at Easter 2011. However her 30th birthday also coinsides with this and i am looking for a really nice surprise for her. A day out or activity that would be quite romantic that she wouldn’t expect and that she would thank me for being really thoughtful! Your thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Birthday surprise!

What about a seaplane trip with lunch? My husband and I did this a few years ago and it was great. We flew from Rose Bay and had lunch at Cottage Point Inn which was a lovely place to visit and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Whatever you decide to do I hope you have a lovely time.

Mentioned in this post
Cottage Point Inn
Cottage Point Inn
383 Reviews
Cottage Point, Australia
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,121 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Birthday surprise!

yes, a fly dine trip is always the first thing that springs to my mind when questions like this come up. Cottage Point in is very nice. There are other options for the flights too.

Something as simple as just booking a table somewhere nice along your itinerary would be very thoughtful. Say if you were planning on doing walk in the mountains, you could sus out somewhere to eat and have them deliver her some flowers. That would be lovely. Never underestimate the female fondness for being given flowers!

What have you got in your intinerary for Sydney already? Knowing that will help us think of ideas. Also does she have any special interests?

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Birthday surprise!

be VERY careful what u choose

…brightcove.com/services/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Birthday surprise!

Another idea is to hire a yacht. I booked one for my husband one evening for a birthday and we picked up the yacht in the late afternoon - I organised someone who could give him a bit of one on one training as he loves sailing but alternatively you could get someone to sail for you. Then, in the evening they moor the yacht for the night, leave a beautiful meal (think seafood, tropical fruit etc) and wine and leave you alone until after breakfast the next morning. We ate with the backdrop of Sydney city lights and even though we live here it was rather special.

But I love the seaplane to Cottage Point also. Just great.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
5. Re: 30th Birthday surprise!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 12:16