We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

We are visiting Cairns from 21st October and are looking for a two bedroom apartment with cooking facilities for under $100 per night up to seven nights. Might even stay for three weeks if we can find a good deal. Can anyone tell me of some places please they don't have to be right in the city heart.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
1. Re: Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

The Cairns region has loads of accommodation and though you're stretching it to expect a two bedroom apartment for under $100, there's no school holidays and tourism is down generally so you ought to be able to find something close to that price as indicated by the link above your post on the forum, ie, fnqapartments.com/accommodation-cairns/…

Unless you specifically want Cairns you might also want to have a look at the northern beaches, Yorkeys Knob, Trinity B, Kewarra B, and Clifton B too by just doing a google search under the names individually or Cairns Northern Beaches accommodation.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

The gateway has sign oustide saying for short term accommodation call (07) 4044-4777. I have no idea if they have 2 bedroom but worth a try. You would need a car although there is buses but they do take ages compared to driving. Also try some real estate agents, even a month lease may work out cheaper.

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

Many thanks I will look up The Gateway to see if they have a web site. They are looking at hiring a car do you know of any cheap deals??? thanks for you response.

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

http://www.reefgateway.com/rates.html

the Reef Gateway is a good place, $114 a night i think, but i stayed there for a month and negotiated a rate for one of the more expensive rooms, so give them a go.

Cairns
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

Check out www.cairns-sharehouse.com. They have various types of accommodation from sharehouses to private apartments listed with them which you certainly could rent for less than $700/week.

6. Re: Cairns Accommodation for under $100 p/n

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 12:16