We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairns to Port Douglas

hertfordshire
1 post
Save Topic
Cairns to Port Douglas

I am travelling to Australia in November - most of the trip is organised. Can anyone tell me how I would get from Cairns to Port Douglas by public transport. Arriving Cairns mid-day local time.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairns to Port Douglas

Think you would have to go up with Sun Palm Coaches - have a look on their website. They go from the airport and costs around $35 one way.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairns to Port Douglas

thanks for that answer,helpfiji,as I have a young friend who is arriving in Cairns at midday with Qantas,and if he cant get a lift to Port D,Id guess hed have to get that coach.I shall let him know.

Mentioned in this post
Cairns
Cairns
Cairns Region, Australia
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairns to Port Douglas

a taxi from where the coach drops off in Port D,to a friends house 10 mins from Port D,how much approx?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairns to Port Douglas

Hi Lilyana,

Depending on which way out of Port Douglas your friend needs to get to, you may be able to negotiate with the Coach to drop them off - I think they are pretty flexible.

Otherwise, probably about a $20 cab fare (10 min. ride) from centre of Port Douglas (Macrossan street). There is also a small public bus system around Port Douglas - I know it goes from Macrossan up Davidson Street heading out towards the big resorts (Sheraton etc.).

Mentioned in this post
Port Douglas
Port Douglas
Queensland, Australia
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairns to Port Douglas

thanks so much,shall let him know

6. Re: Cairns to Port Douglas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 13:19