We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Month?

Singapore
Level Contributor
555 posts
341 reviews
Save Topic
Which Month?

Hi!

I am considering visiting KI next year with my family. It looks like a great

destination with lots of wildlife & beautiful coasts!

As my young children are schooling, I have to schedule my trip during the

Singapore school holidays, either mid Mar, early Sep, late Nov or Dec.

May I know which month you will recommend to maximise our chances of

wildlife viewing & good weather (cold is ok, but hate to be wet & keen to

avoid extreme hot temperatures)? Also, does KI have a bush fly problem in

certain months?

Thank you so much.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Month?

We were there in early oct last year and weather was gorgeous ut have also visited in February and it was extremely windy and wet.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
291 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Month?

March, April and May ..... or ...... September, October and November are the best times. Spring and Autumn.... Summer is way too hot and winter is damp and quite cold.

Enjoy!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,043 posts
1,936 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Month?

September / October / November would be an ideal time for KI.

Dec / Jan / Feb is our very busy summer hols & its also hot.. great if you enjoy the beach !

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Month?

If you are keen to avoid the heat then avoid Nov / December can be very hot then. I think early September is a great time. Beginning of spring so everything still green, loads of wildlife and young around then too. Weather is normally not too bad.

Singapore
Level Contributor
555 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Month?

September next year sounds great! Thanks for all the helpful comments... I presume there will be no flies or mozzie problems around that time of the year? Sorry for sounding so queer but I absolutely hate insects with wings, like mozzies in Singapore & sandflies in NZ.

I am also checking on airline tickets (it's a little early, but just want a feel of the options & cost). Quantas has a flight from Singapore to Adelaide, connecting in Melbourne. The connection time is only 1 hour! Is it enough to clear immigration/customs, retrieve checked bags etc or do we need to be sprinters who can run from the International terminal to Domestic terminal at record speed? Not much experience with connections, so all advice welcomed.

Thanks!

Singapore
Level Contributor
555 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Month?

Sorry, I think I got that the wrong way round. The outward bound flight has reasonable connection time. It's the flight from Adelaide to Singapore that has a 1 hour connection time in Melbourne.

Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Month?

Hi,

I recommend September as well like many of the above. It's the best month given your criteria.

Take clothing for all seasons as the weather changes much and often, if you don't like it, wait five minutes. :)

Have a great holiday

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Month?

There are flies in Australia all year around, they just increase in numbers as the weather warms up. Mosquitoes are just starting to rear their ugly heads now that the weather is on the improve so September next year I would think there will be some mozzies and flies, but not as many as you would get November - March. I would suggest you purchase some insect repellent when you arrive and enjoy your stay :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
555 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Month?

Thanks for all the helpful responses. You guys are great!

Now have to research itinerary and keep a lookout for airfare promotions! :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Month?

Singapore Airlines fly direct to Adelaide with out the need for a stop over in Melbourne.