We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
84 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

We'll be on Kangaroo Island for 5 days. Is there any horseback riding on the island ? We are experienced riders - - looking to ride on the beach or on nice trails. Is this possible ?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island
South Australia, Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

Google is your friend! http://www.tourkangarooisland.com.au/fun/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
84 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

Thank you for your response. I had seen this one courtesy of "the google machine" but it looks more appropriate for children. I was wondering if there were others. I will send them an e-mail. Thanks.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,657 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

There have been a number of operators who have tried to make Horseriding a going concern but they start and finish quite quickly. I suggest that when you visit the island that you call into the Tourism Information centre at Penneshaw or in Kingscote. Firstly you should pick up the Island Guide.. which will be invaluable, but secondly, someone there may be able to point you in the right direction if it's at all possible that someone may be able to help you. Unfortunately the cost of public liability insurance has put paid to a lot of adventure activities. I do suggest that you contact KI outdoor Action www.kioutdooraction.com.au/‎

They have some great things to offer...

Mentioned in this post
Penneshaw
Penneshaw
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Kingscote
Kingscote
Kangaroo Island, Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

TW - The Tiger Trails Horse-riding is the only one mentioned in the Visitor Guide which I have by my desk and always use when advising people !!!!

FYI it is on P68

Edited: 04 November 2013, 11:19
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
84 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

Thank you very much everyone for your help. Can't wait !

6. Re: Horseback Riding on Kangaroo Island ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 13:19