We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best exchange rates, Uk or Perth

southampton
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best exchange rates, Uk or Perth

Hi All,

Apologise if this has been mentioned before, but done a search and couldn't find the answer.

We have our bank situation sorted now, but will bring some cash over with us to start us off.

Will I get a better rate if I shop around here in Uk for Australian dollars, or would I be better off bringing sterling over and exchanging over there.

I've just gone to Travelmoneymax.com.

I can get for £500.00, 848.29 dollars, (1.697). Including all charges, today's rate.

Thanks,

Tim

22 replies to this topic
Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best exchange rates, Uk or Perth

Please remember that when using a Halifax Clarity card you must pay off the cost of your ATM withdrawal as soon as it appears on your on-line statement in order to minimise the interest fee payable, usually just a few pence. If you leave it until the statement arrives then you will be more. Any payment ahead of your statement date will automatically be credited against all cash withdrawals so all other spends can be left until your statement date without attracting interest.

Also the following is copied from the John Lewis web site about their price match for currency transactions.

Our price promise to you

Our Never Knowingly Undersold promise means that, when you need to buy foreign currency, you can trust us to offer the best rates. We continually check and compare our rates - online and on the high street.

We don’t think you’ll find a better price elsewhere but, if you do, we’ll match it. Just drop in at one of our Bureau de change desks with a quote slip. You can even claim a price match up to 28 days from purchase, as long as the date on the competitor quote slip matches your original purchase date.

southampton
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best exchange rates, Uk or Perth

Thanks for all info.

Reply to: Best exchange rates, Uk or Perth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted