We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perth

barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Perth

I saw an older post that didn't really answer my question. Is there a certain part of Perth that you should avoid staying in? I am looking at airbnb and there is a big discrepancy in price in areas even with the same size of accommodation. Just wondering! Thanks....

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
12 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,159 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perth

There are parts I wouldn’t stay in but the reasons are many. Things to consider are centrality and public transport, which isn’t great but OK for most but not all attractions.

It would be more useful if you posted the locations of the properties you’re considering.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
478 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perth

Look within 12km of the CBD and within walking distance of a bus stop or train station if relying on public transport. If hiring a car it is still more convenient to stay within 15 - 20km of the CBD with a major shopping centre in the area. Make sure there are plenty of reviews for the airbnb properties you are considering and cross reference them with other sites including tripadvisor and stayz as many properties are listed on multiple sites. That way you will be able to pick up on any negatives aspects of the location.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perth

Are you asking about safety or convenience?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perth

Air bnb accommodation could be advertised anywhere in Perth, you need to google the suburb to find out if its close to the city or not. The suburban areas of Perth stretch along the coast for 50 km either side of the city and up into the Perth hills.

Public transport is good close to the city but can be very limiting otherwise. Free buses around the inner city area:

…wa.gov.au/Timetables/Live-Perth-CAT-Times

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g25510…

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perth

Good idea! Looking at a lot of places; Rivervale, Midland, Belmont, Victoria Park, Beckenham, Lynwood, Bentley.

barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perth

Thanks for the advice of checking on other sites! We'll have a car, so centrality doesn't matter.

barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perth

Thanks...we will have a car so distance isn't an issue.

barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perth

More safety and quality of neighborhood. We will have a car, so distance isn't an issue. Thanks!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,159 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perth

Cars are handy but nor always convenient, especially in the city. Be prepared to pay for parking and it can get expensive.

I definitely would not stay in Midland or Lynwood, and probably not Beckenham either. Victoria Park is probably the best on your list IMO.

Edited: 05 February 2018, 17:23
barcelona
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perth

What are the problems for those three areas? I'm looking at places that have free parking provided.

Reply to: Perth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted