We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"The Road Trip" Private Tour Operator

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
"The Road Trip" Private Tour Operator

We are planning a 2018 trip to NZ and are looking at private tour companies to custom tailor our experience. One operator named Chris Cameron runs a company called "The Road Trip". Has anyone heard of this company or any experience with this operator? We will have around 15 days to see ... everything ...which of course is impossible.

Has anyone had any other experience with another private tour operator that can be recommended?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Indiana
Level Contributor
349 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "The Road Trip" Private Tour Operator

I'm not sure if this is too late for you but we signed up with The Road Trip for a private 2 week vacation for 2017 Christmas holidays. I'll be happy to post my experience after the trip but so far I have been very happy with my communications with their team. I did contact quite a few companies before choosing this one.

Indiana
Level Contributor
349 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "The Road Trip" Private Tour Operator

If you haven’t decided yet, we had a fabulous time and had a great experience with “The Road Trip”. I would give them 5/5. Our guide was wonderful! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "The Road Trip" Private Tour Operator

I recently got back from our 2nd month long trip to New Zealand. For our first trip, we got a quote from The Road Trip but they were a little more high end and expensive than what we wanted. We ended up using First Light Travel in Auckland for last year's trip and for this year's trip. Everything was planned beautifully, all we needed to worry about was booking flights (they can do that for you if you want) and what to pack. I posted a very long trip report last year I think in late February or March and will post another trip report once I recover from jet lag. If you have any questions about First Light Travel let me know.

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Reply to: "The Road Trip" Private Tour Operator
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted