We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Auckland from the UK

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Auckland from the UK

I am considering a return holiday to New Zealand after a memorable trip in 1996. Which airlines fly to Auckland from the UK. I am on a budget and am not looking for a stopover. Thank You

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
24 replies to this topic
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

As you are in the uk, contact trail finders.

They specialize in travel to nz and Australia. They are extremely reliable and will assist you.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

We flew with Cathay Pacific from Manchester via Hong Kong, two almost equal length flights. Booked as soon as flights became available, 355 days ahead.

london
Level Contributor
463 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

We are flying with Air New Zealand, which we found to be very competitive. They code share with Singapore who offer a really good deal if you wanted to stopover in Singapore for a night. Also we are flying into Christchurch, (from Singapore) and out of Auckland.

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Christchurch
Christchurch
Canterbury Region, New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

I have decided to fly air China after recommendation. Stopover in Beijing for 13 hours but you get a free transit hotel. Ticket cost £479...

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

korean also do a free hotel deal.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

They do indeed hemikiwi, as we will be enjoying on our way home in 3 weeks, but I suspect that they won’t match £479, which, assuming it’s return is a remarkable price. Air China may not be the best but they have a new fleet and the price would be very persuasive.

It looks an absolute bargain compared to the poster who has just paid £2.000 with Etihad, although Insuspect that’s partly to do with a relatively late booking and especially if it’s over Easter.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

booked in august 2017 for travel February 2018 from Manchester to Auckland with cathay pacific via HONG KONG with a 14 hrs stop over return end of march 2018 29 days £725 we booked this as hong kong is on the bucket list to visit

Mentioned in this post
Auckland
Auckland
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

Good luck and I am sure whatever it is like, you can always remember how little you paid.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

A little resurrection of this post to get some experienced traveller advice. We fly Etihad with two shortish stop overs one in Abu Dabi and one in Melbourne. My expectation is that our UK cards (Barclay / RBS) will work OK and we don't need local cash in UAE or Aus. If cash is reqd we can use UK£. Is that correct?

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Barclay Suites Auckland
Barclay Suites Auckland
699 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Flights to Auckland from the UK

How long is a shortish stop? I have stayed a little over 24 hours in Abu Dhabi at Premier Inn Hotel which is in the airport complex. I used my credit card for hotel and meals in the hotel. I bought a coffee outside the hotel and went by hotel shuttle to the Mosque where I bought lunch and got a taxi back so used Dirhams. If you just stayed at the hotel, you could just use your credit card, I doubt they would accept British pounds. I am quite sure you will not be able to use UK pounds in Melbourne but you may be able to just use your credit card if you are not there for long.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Reply to: Flights to Auckland from the UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted