We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

Hello,

We have a 9:25 international flight tomorrow (but have priority check in, so no long lines). We'll probably take a Uber to get there. At what time do we need to leave for the Airport? We're staying at the Scenic hotel, 380 Queen Street.

I was thinking leaving around 7AM. Google maps estimates 20-25min at that time on Sunday. Any thoughts? And how much should this cost me, in your opinion? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Queen Street
Queen Street
1,053 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
6 replies to this topic
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
8,309 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

What is final check in time on your ticket? Is flight to australia (90minutes prior to flight) or usa (3 hours). priority check in isnt necessarily that much faster with air nz, with domestic connections checked in all the way through, and self check in.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,223 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

I would avoid stress and leave at 6:30am at the latest. Although it is a Sunday (NZ time) you really do want to be checked in and be processed through Immigration/scanning by 8am. The new look airside will take some time to work your way to your gate, and with additional security checks at the far end of the terminal for US bound flights.

For Uber, work on it being a $50.00 ride but it may cost a few dollars less. For a taxi, from $50.00 +.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

It is actually a flight to Brisbane, with Air NZ.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

I'd go 6.30/7am latest.

As a priority boarder, do you also have Koru Club access? You might as well be early, and enjoy a coffee in the lounge... and if not in Koru Club, then still nice to relax and enjoy your last proper flat white and people watch. ...

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,680 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

From the Scenic Hotel, I wouldn't actually bother with Uber or a taxi. Skybus leaves from outside the door and takes you directly to the airport with minimal stops. There is a 6:33 departure which should get you there 40 minutes later. At best you could push this back to give you 90 minutes in the airport, so the finest you could cut it is 7:14. There is also a 7:00 departure - the one I would catch, assuming an online check in.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning

Thanks all for the feedback. Being two it's not that different a bus or Uber (if under $50). We'll leave just before 7AM then with Uber.

We have a business ticket so not sure which lounge we have access to but for sure there will be one.

Reply to: When to leave for a 9:25 flight tomorrow (Sunday) morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Auckland Central