We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World of Wearable Art 2018

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
World of Wearable Art 2018

I've search online, but cannot find the answer to this question. The dates for this event are 27 Sept to 14 October, tickets go on sale 1 February 2018. Is the show the same each date? If not, how does one know what date to choose? Opening night, I assume is the popular event date. Coming from California, so I need to purchase air tickets and want to be ready to purchase WOW tickets when they go on sale. Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World of Wearable Art 2018

The show is the same each date, just pick a date that suits you. One night might be the awards night I think (not 100% sure on this) so choose that if it interests you and another date if it doesn't.

The seats will be various prices depending on location. I've been three times and my favourite seats are in the centre, about half way down.

Edited: 27 November 2017, 07:40
Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World of Wearable Art 2018

You might like to book accommodation early too as Wellington gets very busy during this time and the prices do tend to hike up a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Auckland
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World of Wearable Art 2018

Opening night is worth going to! The awards take a bit longer afterwards so we did not get out until about 10.30 pm. The winners were front page news in the paper the next morning which spoils the surprise somewhat. Or just don't read the paper....

We were in Block 5 row BB and it was a good seat for the price of $99.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: World of Wearable Art 2018

Hi

How fantastic that you are coming from California to WOW 2018! I'm sure you will have an amazing time!

The actual show performance is exactly the same each night of the show season. The only night that has a slightly different format is Awards Night. On this night the award winners are announced in an award ceremony that happens after the actual performance, so the night finishes a little later. It is quite an exciting night as many of the designers are at the show and there is much anticipation to see who won the awards. On all nights after Awards Night an AV presentation is screened after the performance that announces the winners of the various categories.

I'm sure you will love the show which ever night you choose. It's our 30th anniversary show so it will be super special!

Best wishes

World of WearableArt

California
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World of Wearable Art 2018

Thanks to everyone for clarifying! In past years I've wistfully looked on ticket sales days, hoping to attend. I (wrongly) assumed the awards would be toward the end, and each night would be somewhat of a contest leading up to it. Recently I did read something that mentioned the awards are the first night--thus my question. Makes things much easier, the show being the same every night. Thank you also for the tip on a good seat location, Wahine1965. I would be staying at the Intercontinental hotel, as I have lots of IHG points for that. The show always takes place during the time of my birthday, this year opening night is on my birthday. I feel a real calling to be there!

Reply to: World of Wearable Art 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted