We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

Ulverstone...
5 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

Hi guys,

My husband and I are heading to NZ at the end of April and fly into Wellington. We don't get in until quite late so I am after some suggestions on accommodation for the night which is close to the airport and ideally has an airport shuttle service that we can utilise. It doesn't have to be anything fancy (unless there is a good special on :-P), just after something that is decent, clean and good service. Happy to pay around the $100 - $120 AUD mark, give or take a bit.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,646 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

Wellington Airport is barely 15 min from downtown and shuttle services will operate until the last flight so my recommendation is to choose a central hotel and head straight there.

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Ulverstone...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

Thank you! Any recommendations on those would be great too :-)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,646 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

Have a look at www.wotif.co.nz - picking random dates in late April it would seem that the Novotel, Copthorne James Cook and Mercure Apts are within your price range - as is the Wotif "Mystery Hotel"!!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

I agree you don't need to spend the night close to the airport, if you're on one of the flights that arrive late from Australia you may as well head straight for town via taxi or one of the shuttles at the airport, if your hotel doesn't provide transfers. I'm not sure exactly what your budget comes to in NZ dollars, but it looks at the lower end for Wellington - if you are here over a weekend you might get a discounted package at one of the mid-range hotels - and the discount sites are also worth a look. Otherwise you may be looking at some of the cheaper options such as the Ibis or similar. Most of Wellington's hotel traffic is business-oriented so weekend packages tend to be cheaper. If you are here over ANZAC weekend it's probably worth booking as soon as you can as plenty of locals will be taking holidays that weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Wellington
Wellington
5. Re: Accommodation close to Wellington Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 13:15