We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tasting as a Single adult with a child

Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Tasting as a Single adult with a child

Help! I will be doing a mother and daughter trip to New Zealand and I want to do wine tastings. We will have a car rental but I'm a little concerned about drinking and driving. I'm not planning on getting sloshed but I would like to participate while playing it safe. Any suggestions on driving a car/riding a bike/ hiring a tour with a child? Are there family friendly wineries? How long does it take to get from one winery to another? Are the roads safe for children to ride bikes on? What is there to do for a 9 year old while I taste wines? Can she run through the vineyards? Explore the grounds?

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Hunter's Wines Cellar Door & Wine Shop
Wineries & Vineyards, Wine Tours & Tastings
Hop n Grape Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Jade Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
2 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,988 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Tasting as a Single adult with a child

Take an organised tour and ask for child friendly vineyards to visit.

Much of the biking in Marlborough shares the main road with buses, trucks, campervans etc - I personally wouldn't cycle them and I wouldn't take a 9 year old biking there.

Another option is have your child looked after by a babysitter for a day (your accommodation can book this for you) and you enjoy a vineyard tour or hire a bike and go solo.

2. Re: Wine Tasting as a Single adult with a child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 February 2018, 18:12

Reply to: Wine Tasting as a Single adult with a child
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Blenheim
More Blenheim Topics