We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly fishing

Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
1 helpful vote
Family friendly fishing
Save

Hi all. I am looking at arranging some type of fishing trip for my 6 year old and my husband. Most companies I have found seem to only offer longer trips. My 6 year old has said for years he wants to try fishing but I suspect he will get bored after an hour or so. Can anyone recommend anywhere they can do this! I know they can hire a little boat but I'm not sure if that will be too hard just the 2 of them (I don't intend going as I get seasick looking at a glass of water :) )

Thanks

1 reply
Oz
Level Contributor
18,399 posts
41 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Family friendly fishing
Save

Hi,

Most small children enjoy catching bait (pippies, yabbies, poddy mullet etc) more than fishing.

Buy a cheap handline and find a convenient wharf with a bag of prawns for the fishing and sand bar or mud flats with a mullet trap for bait "catching".

BTW if you get insect repellent on you hands and it's transferred to the bait you wont catch anything. Don't for get block out, rashee, sunnies and hats.

Cheers,

Reply to: Family friendly fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lakes Entrance
More Lakes Entrance Topics
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.