We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

come

Cooma, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
come

come to cooma its great!!! its about an hour from canberra and an hour and a half from perisher. i live here.

Devon
Level Contributor
112 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: come

Hi planning a trip from Sydney to Adelaide end of Feb 2009 just looking for ideas and The Snowy Mountains look like a nice place to start, Drive from Sydney, Stay 1 or 2 nights, I know this is not long so would need to make the most of the time Ideas would be appreciated for this area also best location to stay .

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: come

I guess it just depends on what sort of time you're wanting. I'd be more inclined to stay in Canberra or at Thredbo/Jindabyne or somewhere - closer to the prime attractions. Cooma is a nice enough little town but the prime attractions are a bit of a hike away.

Sydney - Adelaide you can go a lot of different routes. My personal favourite is to do a giant zig zag taking in plenty of variety as GW suggested a few years ago. There's a million variations of course. If going all the way to Adelaide I would suggest:

Sydney to Bateman's Bay (or similar - there's also a variety of scenic routes you can take for this stretch depending on time available)

Batemans Bay - Canberra

Canberra via snowy mountains to Beechworth

Beechworth - Echuca

Echuca - Ballarat/Melbourne

Melbourne - Adelaide via GOR

Have you got a set amount of time or are you just sussing things out at this stage?

3. Re: come

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Cooma
Recent Conversations