We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

come

Cooma, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
come

come to cooma its great!!! its about an hour from canberra and an hour and a half from perisher. i live here.

Devon
Level Contributor
112 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: come

Hi planning a trip from Sydney to Adelaide end of Feb 2009 just looking for ideas and The Snowy Mountains look like a nice place to start, Drive from Sydney, Stay 1 or 2 nights, I know this is not long so would need to make the most of the time Ideas would be appreciated for this area also best location to stay .

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Adelaide
Adelaide
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Snowy Mountains
Snowy Mountains
43 Reviews
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: come

I guess it just depends on what sort of time you're wanting. I'd be more inclined to stay in Canberra or at Thredbo/Jindabyne or somewhere - closer to the prime attractions. Cooma is a nice enough little town but the prime attractions are a bit of a hike away.

Sydney - Adelaide you can go a lot of different routes. My personal favourite is to do a giant zig zag taking in plenty of variety as GW suggested a few years ago. There's a million variations of course. If going all the way to Adelaide I would suggest:

Sydney to Bateman's Bay (or similar - there's also a variety of scenic routes you can take for this stretch depending on time available)

Batemans Bay - Canberra

Canberra via snowy mountains to Beechworth

Beechworth - Echuca

Echuca - Ballarat/Melbourne

Melbourne - Adelaide via GOR

Have you got a set amount of time or are you just sussing things out at this stage?

Mentioned in this post
Canberra
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Jindabyne
Jindabyne
Cooma
Cooma
Sydney
Sydney
Adelaide
Adelaide
Greater Adelaide, Australia
Batemans Bay
Batemans Bay
Eurobodalla, Australia
Beechworth
Beechworth
Victoria, Australia
Echuca
Echuca
Victoria, Australia
Ballarat
Ballarat
Victoria, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
3. Re: come

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Cooma
Recent Conversations