We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow in NSW 2013

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Snow in NSW 2013

Hi everyone, my partner and I have never seen snow before, and we cant afford to buy ski passes or packages I am just curious if there is anywhere in nsw that we can drive too just to see and play in the snow for free..?

Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow in NSW 2013

Hi,

Yes. The closest to Port Stephens would be the Barrington Tops which sees snow most seasons. Keep an eye on the local weather reports in July/Aug.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=snow+in+the+barrington+tops&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oCmxUbCmJKyeiAeRmICIDg&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=857

Cheers,

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow in NSW 2013

Whilst many areas of the Great Dividing Range do experience snowfalls during severe weather events, it is unpredictable and spaspodic.

You can drive to the Snowy Mountains and experience snowplay without having to purchase ski passes or packages. Affordable accommodation is available in Cooma from where you can drive to the snow. You will have to hire chains for your vehicle unless you have a 4WD and you will have to pay National Park entry fee unless you have an all parks pass. The Cooma Visitors Centre will be able to advise you of the best places to go on any given day you are in the area. If you wait until September or October, the cost will be even less and the weather not so cold.........

Reply to: Snow in NSW 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cooma
Recent Conversations