We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lat minute trip to Monte da Quinta suites

Essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Lat minute trip to Monte da Quinta suites

Hi All, firstly, apologies if I am repeating previously addressed questions. Normally, I do plenty of research on Tripadvisor prior to booking a holiday but over the weekend, I found a last minute deal to Monte da Quinta with Sovereign that seemed to good to miss (I am currently suffering with muscle damage in my back and leg so can't be on a plane for too long, making The Algarve ideal).

Primarily,my husband and I are looking for a week of lying in the sun, relaxing. We didn't opt to hire a car as we felt this was one less responsibility but now I am starting to wonder if this was wise. We are on a B&B basis (with two complimentary meals at the restaurant on site) so will need to fend for ourselves for most evenings and lunchtimes.

Can anyone tell me how far the nearest beach is by foot? I can walk and am happy to do so but am mindful of the midday sun!

Having read other posts, it seems as though stocking up on items at a local supermarket (not Qunita Shopping) for the stay is the most economic option

Also, dining at Nelitos is a must while we are there as we used to go regularly to the owners' Nelitos in the UK and it was my favourite restaurant. Is this a reasonable distance by taxi?

If anyone can recommend places to eat, or advise re distances to eateries, that would be helpful so we can make a judgement re car hire. Also, any info re prices of eating at the restaurant./room service at Monte da Quinta would be great.

Sorry again if I am duplicating existing threads and

many thanks for any details/suggestions you can offer.

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 hotels in Almancil
Dunas Douradas Beach Club
Dunas Douradas Beach Club
#2 of 14 hotels in Almancil
Quinta Jacintina Hotel
Quinta Jacintina Hotel
#3 of 14 hotels in Almancil
QdL
Almancil
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lat minute trip to Monte da Quinta suites

A car is your best option. Taxi transfer from the airport will be €25 to 30 each way anyway. Supermarkets and almost all restaurants need a taxi.

Monte d Q is about 4 miles from Nelitos. Couleur-France in Almancil is worth a visit as is the 3 Wonders in the hills near Loule (particularly lunch because you get the views from the hills back to the ocean). Both these have websites and googling should find them. Col. France does a €12.95 2 course lunch. An evening meal would probably be €50per person. There are a couple of Michelin restaurants in the area. A "good" restaurant bill can be €100 to €150 per couple in the evening. Almancil has dozens of restaurants worth a visit but they are spread throughout the parish rather than concentrated in the village/town so walking around and deciding on a place to eat is not really an option

Apolonia in Almancil is the best supermarket (Google its website too). It is the Algarve's verson of Waitrose

Little choice of walkable restaurants. There is Casa do Lago at the lake, Gigis on the beach plus the option of going next door to 4 Seasons Fairways which is an upmarket timeshare.

The beach is about one and a half miles with a 400yd long footbridge over the Ria Formosa

A hire car is really the answer, the journey from the airport to Quinta do Lago is pretty staightforward

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Almancil
Almancil
Faro District, Portugal
Loule
Loule
Faro District, Portugal
2. Re: Lat minute trip to Monte da Quinta suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2010, 13:17
;