We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modern and relexing place to dine???

Almancil, Portugal
4 posts
Save Topic
Modern and relexing place to dine???

Was looking for a place to dine with my girlfriend that could be modern, nice service, casual, good food and that we can enjoy a long diner... Any tips???

Figueiral
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, Brazilian, Mediterranean
Restaurant Mr. Freddie's
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, European, Portuguese
Xenia
$$ - $$$, Bar, European, British
London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modern and relexing place to dine???

You don't say where you are, but as you posted in the Almancil forum, I must recommend 'A Quinta' which is in Almancil itself, on Rua Vale Formoso on the way to Loule. Booking essential. Book a slightly later time for your table and it should be ok for you to linger a while. It is so popular (and deservedly so) sometimes there are two sittings.

You could also try Bistro deZarts in central Almancil (rua do Calvairo)

If you can be more specific as to your location (Almancil forum covers the whole of the Golden Triangle from Loule to VdL to QdL) I could suggest more.

Mentioned in this post
Almancil
Almancil
Faro District, Portugal
Loule
Loule
Faro District, Portugal
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modern and relexing place to dine???

Couleur France meets all your criteria. Google for their website which shows the restaurant and menus.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Modern and relexing place to dine???

I would have mentioned Couleur France myself, but last September, despite being quite regular lunchtime diners there we found the evening service very poor and disorganised. My review was not alone in noting this. Maybe since then they have bucked up their ideas! The food is good and the place is lovely

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Almancil, Portugal
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Modern and relexing place to dine???

Thank you ...

I went to couleur france and i love it!!!

So long time i was looking for a place like this that 3 night later i went back with another 2 couples of friends...

I meet the owner Leo... Such a nice guy... Talk to us about to cater to our friend who is vegan and specialy made a starter and main couser for her...

In the end we invite Leo to seat with us and becomes the best diner of our 6 weeks in quinta de lago.

Service was great is well... They are very personal.... Smilles everywere...

I did try A Quinta and was fine... Just eat and go...

About Bistro das Artes... That is not a type of restaurant for me... Dint like the food... Chef very pretencious... Not enought staff to cover 38 clients... No view... I was felling inside of a box....

That was not relaxing at all...

But thank you any way...

Good to talk with people that know the area...

Luka Kanne

Mentioned in this post
A Quinta
A Quinta
251 Reviews
Loule, Portugal
5. Re: Modern and relexing place to dine???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 20:16