We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villas at vale do lobo

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
villas at vale do lobo

Hi

going to a detached 3 bed villa at Elliot at vale do lobo in March near Almancil - has anyone been, and if so would appreciate feedback on

-quality of area

-safeness of area (previously had car robbed at villamoura and we stopped going to the Algarve)

-quality of villas

-weather to expect in March

Have previously stayed at the 4 seasons resort at Qunita do Lago but that was many years ago.

thanks

all info appreciated

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,181 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: villas at vale do lobo

Vale do Lobo is to my mind very similar to Quinta do Lago - top end villas and condos, manicured golf courses and very few people around, at this time of year anyway.

I cannot comment on the villas and security specifically but last time I was there (just wandering around) I was aware of the private security guards etc patrolling the area.

Weather - March is often showery but you can expect daytime temperatures in the 17 - 19C range. Evenings and night-times can feel quite cool especially if the sun has been out all day.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: villas at vale do lobo

Thank you

uk
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: villas at vale do lobo

Vale Do Lobo at this time of year is fantastic, the weather is starting to get warmer (although will be chilly at night) and it's still quiet. The resort itself has a 24 hour security centre, and all the years I have been going I have never seen or heard of any trouble (but always be aware of your surroundings).

Some of the houses are out of this world, Ronan Keeting and Gloria Hunniford be owners, and even Ronaldo has been spotted there!

The later in March you go the better the weather will be, but some friends were out there last month and it was in the 20Cs.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: villas at vale do lobo

Thanks for the info

Scotland
Level Contributor
331 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: villas at vale do lobo

Hi Vicki

We are owners of two weeks at Elliott VDL and live close to you in Forres. We have had weeks 27 and 28 since 2000 and just love it - in fact going there on Saturday and again in October. We are delighted with their standards and have never found any fault. Feel quite confident going fir Apolonia food shop before reaching villa and finding all spotlessly clean! Could not recommend enough! Message me if you need more info.

6. Re: villas at vale do lobo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 04:34
Get answers to your questions about Almancil
Recent Conversations