We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Rincon

Centerport, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Getting around Rincon

Hi, I’ll be traveling alone to Rincon at the end of February. I’m staying at Villa Confresi and I’m wondering what’s the best way to get around. I’m planning to spend a day at Marina Beach, would I need a taxi? Should I rent a car? Is it bike riding distance? I already arranged transportation from the airport so I was hoping not to need to rent a car. I’m really excited (read anxious) to be traveling on my own. Thanks in advance for any info you can offer 😃

4 replies to this topic
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,721 posts
200 reviews
1. Re: Getting around Rincon

You really need a car to be in that area. Taxis are very few outside of SJ, and you will need to call for service. Transportation RT to San Juan will be almost as much as a rental for the entire time.

Centerport, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Getting around Rincon

Thank you!

Aguada, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
101 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Getting around Rincon

If you have transportation from the airport to the hotel and plan to stay just in Rincón, you don’t necessarily need a car. You can rent a bike and move through the town. But, obviously, to return to the airport you need a car and if you want to go to another town, say Aguada, Isabela, Añasco, Mayagüez, Cabo Rojo, Lajas, you do need a car. Also, there are Uber’s in the area. I just know about one, Uber Mike.

Villa Cofresí is located within a walking distance from the town center. But it will be more fun to bike around. The hotel no longer has a beach. They rebuild their deck by creating a superficial breakwater. But, a nearby beach, Steps which is in the Marine Reserve at Tres Palmas is going strong and beautiful. Thats more far than the center of the town, by still walkable. And it is past La Marina. To get to the lighthouse a car is best or a bike, that depends on your stamina. Overall, Rincon is very safe and friendly and the community of mostly made of people from the mainland that wanted to live in a beach town.

Every Thursday night there’s an art walk at the town plaza, and an organic market in Sunday mornings. There are nice places to visit there like Rincon beer company, which I suggest you visit because they did a ton of work to rebuild the community. Check the Friends of Rincon Facebook page.

Edited: 01 February 2018, 05:33
Centerport, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Getting around Rincon

Thank you so much 😀

Reply to: Getting around Rincon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rincon
Recent Conversations