We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for a good vacation spot in November

Topeka, Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
Searching for a good vacation spot in November

We are four middle aged? women looking for a spot to vacation in November. We landed on a house in Rincon. None of us have ever been to Puerto Rico so I'm looking for any info. I know there is an airport closer to Rincon but the flights are at very weird times. I understand that San Juan is about a 2 hour drive. Is that a difficult drive? I know that there are many areas that are still recovering from the hurricane, but should this cause us any problems? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
5 replies to this topic
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for a good vacation spot in November

I like Rincon, been there a few times on vacation. It's very laid back. We got lost a few times in Rincon, but found great places that way too. I have been reading that many things are back. In the summer many Puerto Ricans vacation in that Area, so by November it will even be better

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Searching for a good vacation spot in November

We just returned from a week in Rincon. It is a magical town with great food, people & beaches. It is super laid back and chill. The drive from SJU can take up to 3.5 hrs if you hit traffic on a rainy day as we did. The drive back was not so bad. The driving in PR is much different than anywhere in the state's that we have been to so be ready...

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for a good vacation spot in November

And be sure to check out El Jefe taco stand - awesome , fresh street tacos!!

Barrington, Rhode...
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Searching for a good vacation spot in November

It usually takes us 3-4hrs with a stop or two at the grocery store. Rincon is great you will love it! I'm here now and there is very minimal sign of the hurricane. If you want to explore, it's helpful to have an SUV. Just today we were saying we were glad to have it and we will pay the extra on our next visit. There is some steep terrain. Definitely make the drive to Playa Sucia. It's our favourite beach. Pintos R Us and Tropical trail rides in Isabela are great if you want to horseback ride Pintos R Us does a bit of riding on the road, so tropical trail rides might be better for a novice rider.

For Restaurants Manga Mia, La Cambia, Shipwreck, Estela, La Copa Elana. Beach House. We had great steaks at Cowboys cool place but scary drive at night (steep terrain) Villa Cofresi is definitely worth a visit. Thursday nights there is an Art Fair downtown

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Playa Sucia
Playa Sucia
840 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Isabela
Isabela
Puerto Rico
estela Restaurant
estela Restaurant
405 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Villa Cofresi
Villa Cofresi
422 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Searching for a good vacation spot in November

I second Villa Confresi, great Restaurant and Bar right on the waterfront. Also Harbor Restaurant in Rincon is great. You can sit outside and watch the Sun go down.

Mentioned in this post
Rincon
Rincon
Puerto Rico
Reply to: Searching for a good vacation spot in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted