We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest beaches November in Rincon

Safest beaches November in Rincon

We are taking our 1st huge family vacation taking our 7 kids their spouses, and our grandchildren and our parents all to Rincon Nov14-26th.

The one thing I dont remember seeing when researching is that the waters were too dangerous to swim during Nov. We have 3 teenagers that want to learn to surf and grandkids that want to play in the water and my parents that just want to snorkel in some calm waters... I really hope I havnt failed in this area of preparation. Any info and these questions please...???

11 replies to this topic
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

There's no snorkeling in Rincon because the waters are rough. It's a surfing town. I wouldn't recommend Rincon's beaches to families with children.

In your case, I would've suggested staying in Isla Verde. The reasons being it has a nice beach with calm water, there's a surfing school there, and plenty of restaurants and shops for the teenagers to explore. Plus, you won't need a car unless for days on which you wish to explore outside the San Juan area.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

I think Rincon would be boring for the Teens as well.It's off season and not much to do. Ocean is rough. You would need to drive to Boqueron for calm beach, but also not much to do. It's off season, Isla Verde much better choice

Edited: 17 October 2018, 02:18
1 post
3. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

There is a flat beach at the Marina. It has something for everyone. Paddle boarding, wading in the water, sandy spot for youngsters, and when the other beaches have huge waves this one gets a nice break as well. In fact this is usually flat but when there is big waves on the rest of the beaches there is a nice break off the rocks.

USA
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
156 reviews
4. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

Where in Rincon are you staying? The beach at Corcega should be calm enough to swim. The teens can take surf lessons. There’s also stand up paddle board lessons. Our kids were not bored at all. They loved Rincon.

Edited: 17 October 2018, 10:06
5. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

We are staying in Puntas. I think the beach is called pools beach.

6. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

Thank you. I asked the owners of our home about the beach and waters at Pools beach when we go and they said it's ok for families with kids. I'm very worried now, I have 11 of us going and children :(

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,549 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

"I'm very worried now"

I wish you would've asked before booking because I honestly don't think that Rincon is the best choice for your party, sorry to say. The teens in particular will be bored to tears.

Also, I hope you know that Rincon is located almost 3 hours west of the SJU airport. You will need to rent car(s) to get there, and for the entire stay.

USA
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
156 reviews
8. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

I do not agree with paris70002. Our teens loved Rincon. There's good food (including food trucks), lots of different beaches to visit, surfing, stand up paddleboard, snorkeling, yoga if any of you like that, you can visit waterfalls where the kids can swim and hike and swing on ropes into the water. There's a farmers market in the town square with a festive atmosphere, and a weekly art walk which is also festive. Minor league baseball about 30 minutes away. Terrific scenery. You do need a car but it is easy to get around. The drive from SJU is not difficult. Don;t worry. Have fun.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

Been to Rincon in late November and steps beach was very calm with great snorkeling! Pretty mellow waves with surf lessons at Domes beach ...... beaches at marina and villa confresi very calm and beautiful! Rincon is a great town with great restaurants -just went this past June and took our 11 and 8 year old and we all had a blast!

10. Re: Safest beaches November in Rincon

We feel we made the best decision, and our Kids LOVE adventure. They dont play video games and spend all their time outside. After asking a local group again,they told us of alot of places to swim also. I am actually excited for our trip!!! Thank you also for your Info and positivity.

Reply to: Safest beaches November in Rincon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted