We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cesky Krumlov or Telc

Papillion, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cesky Krumlov or Telc

In the beginning stages of planning a roadtrip from Germany to Poland, by car. For you that have been to each, would you spend 2 nts. in Cesky Krumlov or 1 nt. there and 1 nt. in Telc?

2 nts. in Cesky Krumlov would add a little more driving the next day to reach Olomouc, but it seems there may be more to do than staying that 1 nt. in Telc.

Thank you for any opinions.

4 replies to this topic
1. Re: Cesky Krumlov or Telc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2018, 03:13

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
19,668 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cesky Krumlov or Telc

Telc is relatively small.. it is basically the square with the old facades. If you wanna chill, that is fine.

Visit Telc, stay in Trebic..also on the UNESCO.. or do both of those a fvisit and visit/stay in Brno.

Krumlov needs only 1 night.

Check Youtube Rick Steves CK

Edited: 08 June 2018, 14:25
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cesky Krumlov or Telc

I agree with Tejas. Spend the night in CK, then continue on to Telc via Trebon and Jindrichuv Hradec. Trebic is nice as well. Lots to see along that route, and a fraction of the tourists that you will encounter in CK.

Papillion, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cesky Krumlov or Telc

Wow, great insight. Thank you. My original plan was to arrive in CK mid-afternoon, spend the night, check out anything the next morning I may have missed and continue onto to Telc, via Trebon/Jindrichuv Hradec, for 1 nt. Then onto Olomouc for 2 nts., via Trebic/Rosice/Holubice/Vyskov.

The 2 nts. in CK idea came from looking at CK and reading about it. I did read where there are a lot of daytrippers there.

I may look at staying in Trebic instead of Telc then. Definitely would like to avoid the masses of tourists if at all possible.

Reply to: Cesky Krumlov or Telc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted