We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

Amersfoort, Holland
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

I hope you can help me. On the 28th of July we travel by train from Prague to Adrspach. We have to change in Trutnov stred. We only have 3 minutes. Does the train to Adrspach (Os 15763) wait for the train from Prague? (R 855 Cidlina).

Prague hln 12.09

Trutnov stred 15.15

Trutnov stred 15.18

Adrspach 16.12

Any better suggestions? We prefer trains over busses.

35 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

Usually, the local trains OS - wait for the main train R....not always though if the train is very late.

But I would not worry, there is another train at quarter past five - so if you were unfortunate to miss it, not that long to wait for the next train.

You'd get to Adrspach at 6 oclock so not that late, and in July still plenty of light!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

Just to add - if Cidlina was really late or you could find out from the conductor that OS does not wait then I would go one more stop to Trutnov Hlavni (main station) , Adrspach train departs from Hlavni anyway and there are better facilities than at stred!

Amersfoort, Holland
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

Thanks, very useful information. Bye the way, do you know if we can buy a ČD Kilometric Bank in advance, using internet?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

No, you can only get it at major stations,,,probably in Prague Hlavni nadrazi.

Does sound interesting, but I have no personal experience......

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

There aren't any platforms as such - you just have to know which train to get on.

In my experience there are usually two or three local 'Os' trains waiting, then the R comes in, and everyone gets on the train that they need and they go their separate ways. If you are unfamiliar with the setup it can be a bit bewildering as all you will hear is the loudspeaker saying which train is going where - everyone else does it like clockwork. You might have to ask someone which is going to Teplice nad Metují - the train will have it written on the side on a board. Usually it will be a one or two-car thing like this railnews.cz/image/gallery/2010-03-12-09-39-0… (taken at Trutnov station)

It may be that you just step off one and onto the other so no problem at all.

Re. Kilometrická banka - everything you need to know is here cd.cz/en/… - unless you will be using it on a long-term basis, it is not worth it IMO.

Amersfoort, Holland
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

Thanks, I think we ask a passenger to help us out in Trutnov, to point out the right train.

The 2000 km card is interesting for us because we will travel a lot and we will need all the 2000 kilometers. When you travel 1st class the conducteur deducts a 1,5 times the number of kilometers. Two people can use the same card.

By the way, the reason for buying the card is not the price. It is the convenience not having to buy tickets; we can just get into the train.

Is it worthwhile to travel 1st class, e.g. in the R-train? Or is 2nd class comfortable enough?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

2nd is fine, and if you are doing a lot of travelling on local trains, you will find that there isn't a first class on most of them.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
8. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

I think you've done a lot of research, but doing some quick calcs, and putting aside the convenience of having the kilometre bank, if you travel 2nd class, you will save money by buying group tickets on the day - if there are 2 of you, the bank will be more expensive.

It will save money if you travel mostly, or where possible, 1st class.

Cidlina has 1st class carriage, these trains are not the latest fashion, but usually plenty of space, no other travellers.

Amersfoort, Holland
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

You write that the Cidlina is not busy. That means we do not need a reservation?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
43,134 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred

You don't need reservation!!! Waste of money

Reply to: train from Prague to Adrspach: change in Trutnov stred
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hradec Kralove