We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Italy
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

We would like to purchase cable car tickets from the top of the mountain at Kasprowy Wierch down to Kuznice (one way tickets) as we intend to go up the mountain starting from Kuznice by foot. We are planning to buy the tickets for a day during the first week of August 2018.

Is this possible? If yes, can we buy one-way tickets online or do we have to buy them in person when we reach the top of Kasprowy Wierch by foot?

Once we reach the top of the mountain by foot can we buy the cable car tickets for a later time during the day, or is it that once we buy the tickets we have to take the next available cable car going down to Kuznice?

One last question. From where can I buy a map of all walking routes starting from Kuznice to Kasprowy Wierch, and also of all walking routes we can take, starting from, after we reach the top of Kasprowy Wierch? We are looking for the easiest route to reach the top of Kasprowy Wierch, or other easy panoramic walking routes starting from the top of Kasprowy Wierch.

12 replies to this topic
Poland
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

You can buy topographic quality maps of the Tatras in any good bookshop in Poland and basically in any kiosk in Zakopane. I don't know what is your planned route before Zakopane - if you will be in Krakow before, pick one up at Sklep Podróżnika on Jagiellońska str. (a few steps from the Rynek main square) or in Empik on the Rynek.

Apparently you can book Kasprowy funicular tickets online but I have no personal experience. See https:/… English website seems not to work, so try to translate it with Chrome translator or Google Translate.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Define "the easiest route". Will this one be easy ? https://mapa-turystyczna.pl/route/e4tf (there are a few difficult points on that route, so you need to be moderately fit to take it).

Regarding the tickets, the tickets for the ride down are not available online. You can buy them before the ride at the top station. Many people choose to walk down, so the tickets should be available.

Poland
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Frankly, if you plan to walk up anyway, I would choose any of many other peaks in the area rather than Kasprowy which is one of the least attractive and spoilt by the cable car station at the top.

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Jozin, I don't think it's that bad :)

Kasprowy observatory and the cable car stations are historic buildings... and the peak it's easy to climb. Plus it offers a "shelter" on top, which is a rarity in Tatras. If not Kasprowy then what ? Giewont (please, no!) ? Kopa Kondracka ?

Italy
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Thanks for your advise macieii. The route you suggested looks good. We are not experienced mountain walkers however we feel fit enough for a long hike. The suggested route from Kuznice seems to start from the blue line, then follow the yellow line which seems to be the steepest part, and the last part is the red line. Are the colour signs easy to follow and how long will it take us (normal walking pace with about 3 stops during the walk up) to reach the top of Kasprowy Wierch?

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

The trails are well marked and easy to follow. The route planner I shared here shows the approximate time, and the total climb height. In your case the total walking time is some 6 hours, I would say it will be closer to 9 hours (count 150 meters in height per hour on average, this is my pace :)).

Also, consider the opposite route. Take the cable car up and walk down. It's more rewarding - you will have more chances to enjoy the panorama, and even more difficult. After 30+ years of mountain hiking I am a strong supporter of a theory that climbing is easier than going down. This is particularly valid for trails in Tatras.

Italy
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Thanks for the info. We need to consider this one-way walk (route going up) in more detail because we never walked for 6 hours at one go. We are more considering an easy/moderate mountain walking route that takes a maximum of three hours walk. Any suggestions, please.

Italy
Level Contributor
103 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

What do you think of this route going down from Wierch Kasprowy to Kuznice https://mapa-turystyczna.pl/route?q=49.2323677,19.9816524;49.242978,20.005456;49.254907,20.003223;49.2681571,19.9795198 . My question is, once we reach Przełęcz między Kopami (Karczmisko) shall we continue on the yellow line or is it easier to change to blue line down to Kuznice? We are looking for a scenic but the easiest walking trail way down.

Island of Malta...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

Macieii, we want to hike to kasprowy wierch to kuznice. We will be staying in zakopane. We saw yr route we do not want to take cable cars. We are no experts but like trekking we did trolltunga norway last summer so I think this we can do. My problem is do you go back to kasprowy wierch when you reach kuznice or you can go back to zakopane from kuznice?

Edited: 08 August 2018, 04:17
Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
716 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice

I think you're confused regarding which place is at the top and which is at the bottom. Kuźnice is a district of Zakopane, if you're back there you don't go to the mountains once again, you take the minibus to whichever other part of Zakopane you stay in.

So the question you actually wanted to ask is if you do not want to take the cable car so you hike up by Macieii's trail and you end up at the top of Kasprowy Wierch, do you need to walk the same trail back or can you descend to Zakopane in another way to see something more. The answer is there is no need to return the same way, you can for example do a descend through Czarny Staw Gąsienicowy lake which would allow you to see bits of High Tatras (on the descend) as well as the Western Tatras (the great ridge section on macieii's). The whole loop could look like this https://mapa-turystyczna.pl/route/6ibn (more interesting but longer version) or this https://mapa-turystyczna.pl/route/6ib1 (shortened to skip some (nice) parts but make it less up and downs)).

Edited: 08 August 2018, 05:35
Reply to: Kasprowy Wierch to Kuznice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted