We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

I am looking to travel to Poland and Czech Republic. I will arrive in Warsaw on the 3rd of October. I need suggestions to plan the itinerary and also the mode of travel i should use for inter city/country.

P.S: I will be with my wife and 22 months old daughter.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
5 replies to this topic
Lidingo, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
846 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

A preliminary itinerary that we could comment on would make it easier, or at least, what are your interests, nature/history/castles/cities/etc?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

Interests i would say are nature, castles and cities. Does that help? Can Budapest be included?

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Lidingo, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
846 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

Of course Budapest can be included, but since it's not exactly on the standard route between Warsaw and Prague, I'd advise against it. You probably don't want to spend too much time en route with a toddler.

My suggestion for a general plan would be to go to Wrocław (by train) after spending some time in Warsaw, spend a couple of days there, then see the Książ Castle in Wałbrzych and spend several days around Szklarska Poręba/Karpacz to enjoy some nature in the Karkonosze National Park (maybe rent a car in Wrocław to make it easier) and then go to Prague by bus (4 hours from Wrocław).

Alternatively, skip the Karkonosze NP, go straight to Prague from Wrocław and rent a car there instead in order to go to Bohemian Switzerland.

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Karpacz
Karpacz
Lower Silesia Province, Poland
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

So if i read this correctly, warsaw > wroclaw>prague>Bohemian and back to Prague?

Can i include cesky Krumlov?

Warsaw 2days, wroclaw 3 days, prague 3 days, bohemian 1 day.

Do i need to alter this?

Can i also squeeze in krakow? Is it worth?

Finally, is October a good time?

Sorry to bombard you with ao many questions. Thank you for answering.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Lidingo, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Silesia Province
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
846 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague

Yes. And renting a car in Prague so that you don't drive your rental car across the border.

This sounds like a good plan, I would only change it to spend one night in Bohemian Switzerland and cut one night from Wrocław.

Český Krumlov would make it a bit more complicated since it's in the opposite direction from Prague, so I'd say skip it because 1) it's better to take your time to enjoy the beautiful nature in Bohemian Switzerland and 2) your kid probably won't appreciate spending too much time driving around.

And the same with Kraków. Since it's out of the way, you'd have to cut some time from other places. You can visit Kraków instead of Wrocław though, but in my personal opinion Wrocław is much more worth visiting.

The beginning of October should be good, Polish/Czech autumn can be pretty then, but of course nobody can predict the weather.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Reply to: 12 days itinerary starting in warsaw and ending in Prague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted