We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a choosing a hotel

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a choosing a hotel

Hello,

Annoying question...... we don't know which hotel to pick. We would like B&B.

Can anyone help with the husbands criteria? I would pick the Radisson as the price is good and then have more money for spends and meals. He is not keen.

He wants traditional and something old with character or something special/different.

He has his eye on Copernicus. Any other alternatives/recommendations?

Any opinions/views welcome.

:-)

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
561 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

We used the Bonerowski Hotel, excellent location and decorated in an old style

tripadvisor.co.uk/…photos

dallas tx.
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

the radison is anything but tradtional....nice hotel inside but outside a rather ugly grey building that people love to hate....nice location even charming right accross a quiet section of the planty and close enough to the rynek....the copericus is right below the castle....ancient building whose interior is a mix of new and old....the only chateux relais class hotel in poland...on the oldest street in town....at night you will feel the medieval character of the street....almost a bit spooky in its quietness and darkness....you might also check out the bonerowski or wentzel......top hotels if you prefer a location right on the square

Wales
Level Contributor
627 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

Hi

I have stayed in the Copernicus and also the Bonerowski Palace that has been mentioned. Both beautiful hotels. I think it may be a case of location choosing either of these. Whether you wanted be near to the castle or the main square where the Bonerowski is situated.

Our first time in Krakow was at the Sheraton. Good value for the price we had and about a 15 min walk to the square. I just thought it was too business like and a bit soulless really, I can imagine the Radisson being similar.

If I had the choice the Copernicus would win hands down!!! Going back to the Bonerowski for New Year our third stay at this hotel.

Whatever you choose Krakow is a fabulous city somewhere I never tire of, this will be the 5th visit. Hope you have a great time whatever you choose

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

Super!

Thanks all, that gives me a couple to check out/compare.

Much appreciated

:-)

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

I still have a soft spot for the Pollera ! It feels like the hotels I visited in the 1970s when on holiday with my parents.

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

http://www.pl.leoneaparthotel.pl/home we are staying here

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

:-) will check those two out as well.

Thank you

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
72 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

we first stayed at the Pergamin hotel (room only but you can buy breakfast for extra) which is outside the Planty and last year and this year we are staying at the Hotel Eden in the Jewish Quarter - right beside the cemetery and very quaint (breakfast is usually included). both are quite traditional. i would try and pick somewhere in the jewish quarter - very bohemian.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

:-) Added to the list 6footsharon. Thank you.

10. Re: Help with a choosing a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2015, 13:15