We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour companies in Krakow

Fljorida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tour companies in Krakow

Will be in Krakow this Aug. and was told to definitely see the Salt Mines as well as Auschwitz. Two companies were recommended Krakow tours and Cracow tours. Has anybody been on either and what was your opinion of the company or any other provider. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Cracow Hostel
Cracow Hostel
176 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
559 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

We went with Krakow Tours (number 4 on link) and can’t fault them but read what others think of the tour companies here tripadvisor.co.uk/…TtD

Mentioned in this post
Krakow Tours
Krakow Tours
825 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
london
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

Just back from a 4 night stay and used escape to Poland and they were excellent 😊 even allowed us to change dates of 1 of our tours once we arrived as we booked everything in England . Really professional company 😊

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
England
England
United Kingdom
Thundersley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

Visited Krakow and booked to go to Auschwitz and Birkenau though our hotel. They booked us with Krakowbooking.com. Big mistake. When we were picked up at our hotel the mini bus was almost full apart from a back seat and a sort of jump seat at the front. Meaning my wife and I were separated for the one-and-half hour trip. A film was shown, which in the seat I occupied I could not see the screen. When we arrived at Auschwitz the communication from the company rep was non-existent. If as us, the main reason for visiting Krakow is to go on the Auswitz and Birkeau tour don't use this company, find someone else.

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum
Auschwitz-Birkenau State...
12,303 Reviews
Oswiecim, Poland
New Jersey
Level Contributor
41 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

Was it a group tour or a private tour? How are the charges like and are they flexible if we ask them to do both the tours on 2 separate days?

Thundersley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

It was a group tour. There are lots of other tour companies, try one of those!

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

I have used both krakowtours.co.uk and Cracow city tours. Both are fine but there are differences

Krakow tours

Hotel pick up

No Auschwitz guide for the museum , you explore on your own. For some this is better for others it's worse

They can take you straight to the mine after auschwitz

Cracow city tours

Central pick up near the old town

Guide at Auschwitz

Unlikely to be able to do both tours in one day if you do you will need to change bus in Krakow

I recommend both, depending wat people are looking for

Mentioned in this post
Cracow City Tours
Cracow City Tours
1,505 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
Krakow
Krakow
Welwyn, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

We used www.krakowbooking.com and had the most horrendous journey to Auschwitz. We were the last pick up from the kossak hotel and got left with the back seats which were claustrophobic and much too small for adults they were high up and there was no air and for a journey of one hour 20 mins or so it was terrible. After a very very uncomfortable journey we spoke to the lady who was in charge of our tour and asked for them to send a taxi because it was unreasonable for us to travel in those conditions. She said she would speak to her office.

She did not have the decency to come back to us we had to find her and ask her what was the outcome. The reply was a shrug of the shoulders and that they were not going to do anything about it. On the way back we had to change seats around and all take our coats off to make more room. We will never ever tour with them again. Hope this helps

peterborough
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

we used krackow shuttle to Aushwitz no problems at all, also used them for our transfers give them a go....enjoy

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour companies in Krakow

Hi I would go for a Polish owned tour company. Krakow Shuttle have good reviews, Why would you go with a U.K company in Poland ?? .I always travel with locals to get the true feel of the country. My sister and hubby used K-S ,above and said they were very happy with the service.But I think most tour company s are much the same. If you have the energy/time its so easy to do the tours on your own and save a £ or 2.The train to the salt mine goes from Platform 1 and costs 3zls get off last stop and short walk to the mine easyyy.

Cheers Chris %>))

Mentioned in this post
Krakow Shuttle -  Tours
Krakow Shuttle - Tours
1,182 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
Poland
Poland
Europe
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, Basque Country
Level Contributor