We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on the Zoo and much more

Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

Hi,

will be in Wroclaw for three days and then in Poznan for another 3 days. I will be with my 4 year old

granddaughter. So visiting a Zoo is a must.

Which one should I choose: in Wroclaw or Poznan.

Also what other things would you recommend for the child.

Final question: where is it better to go shopping to buy Polish produced things, say shoes and clothes for the kid and her Mum.

We will be staying at Hampton By Hilton Poznan Old Town and Hotel Piast in Wroclaw

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Yokohama, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sopot, Gdynia, Gdansk, Poland, Wroclaw
Level Contributor
12,216 posts
27 reviews
88 helpful votes
1. Re: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

You should I choose ZOO Wroclaw

Wroclaw is great for kids.

1) Zoo - even if you don't like Zoos, Wroclaw Zoo is really in the top league, must see, a lot of things for child and adults, including play areas etc

2) Riverboat cruise, with multiple stops, etc. takes about an hour and great fun

3) Shopping centres... yes shopping malls in Wroclaw are very child-friendly, in those best ones (Magnolia, Dominikanska, Arkady, Bielany...) there are often exhibition for kids and also each shopping mall has child playgrounds (there is a fee, but you can even leave the child with staff and go do some shopping)

4) Dwarf hunt - Wroclaw has small dwarf statues located around the central area and you are given a map where you can walk find them, turn that into pirate treasure kind of game with the child and as reward buy him ice creams (and for you too haha)

https://kolejkowo.pl/en

Edited: 16 March 2022, 19:39
Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

Thanks a lot. It is really helpful

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
30 reviews
32 helpful votes
3. Re: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

also....if you like you can take a nice boat ride to the zoo and gardens......they make a stop there....you can return by boat or make land transportation arrangements to return

Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

Thanks a lot. Is there a regular service?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
30 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

yes....but you would have to check when they start running the full schedule.....certainly during the warm months

Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Save

Thanks, This is what I meant that they probably don't operate in March. I will check

Reply to: Advice on the Zoo and much more
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Poznan
Recent Conversations
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.