We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Warsaw

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Warsaw

Hi

I am travelling to Warsaw for a 3 day break at the end of this month. I have never been to Poland before and am looking forward to it. I will be on my own for much of the time although meeting a fellow traveller on day 2.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best places to see, using a local guide, any issues on being a female solo traveler

Also I don’t speak polish and wondered if the use of English is widespread or not

Thanks

Jane

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Poland
Poland
Europe
3 replies to this topic
Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Warsaw

At the top of this screen, click on "Things To Do", then scroll half way down and you will find the list in order of popularity with users reviews. This is a valuable resource. Decide what you are interested in. The better your plans, the better your trip! You have a lot of work to do between now and the end of this month!

Many people go to Poland who do not speak Polish. You will get by although sometimes communication is incomplete. In hotels, restaurants, tourist sites, taxis, etc., you will find some who speak at least some English. You will communicate one way or another

Have a good trip!

Spirit

Edited: 07 June 2018, 11:58
Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Warsaw

Haaahaaa, this is our well kept secret... we eat solo female travellers. Avoid in particular late evenings on major streets :D in Kraków and Warsaw, Gdańsk is considerably safer :D

Seriously speaking, enjoy Poland ! For a solo female traveller or not, this is the best country on Earth :D

And indeed, do your homework, at least sketch your itinerary and interests. You are more likely to get meaningful responses :D

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Poland
Poland
Europe
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Warsaw

Poland is a very safe country, just take the normal precautions you would take at home.

My trip report will give you some tips:-

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274…

Have a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Poland
Poland
Europe
Reply to: First time in Warsaw
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted