We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights

Level Contributor
74 posts
751 reviews
Save Topic
Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights

We are considering flying LOT via WAW from LAX to Bucharest during late August. The connection time is 1 hr 40 minutes, which is normally more than enough. However, the LAX to WAW flight is an hour or more late roughly 2/3 of the time per FlightStats. And...the connnecting flight is on time 84% of the time per FlightStats.

What experience have other people had with LOT holding flights for connecting passengers?

FYI, three days ago I tried calling the airline to directly discuss, however the phone connection was poor. I then sent an email to get written input from the airline....with no response yet.

Thanks for your input.

4 replies to this topic
Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
559 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights

I've been few times on the LOT flights where we were waiting for connecting passengers. I could not guarantee. there are 3 flights to Bucharest a day as I can see, so it may also be that they will put you on the next flight instead. I would not be too worried, it is their responsibility to take you to Bucharest one or other way

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Zakopane, Wroclaw, Poznan, Southern Poland, Northern Poland, Lesser Poland Province
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights

As long as you hold a single ticket for both legs of your journey, you're on the safe side - it is the airline responsibility to get you to your destination, under 600 EUR of penalty in your case, per person. So they have a reason to wait for you.

1:40 should not be a problem even if your flight is 45-60 mins late.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 14:56
Level Contributor
74 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Level Contributor
74 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights

€600 is good motivation for the airline. Thanks very much for your help.

Reply to: Warsaw Chopin connection time for LOT flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warsaw