We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles to San Diego??

3 posts
Save Topic
Los Angeles to San Diego??

So I am a minor, who doesnt have a passport, who wishes to go to San Diego to see my friend. What service would take me to San Diego?

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
8 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,720 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

I’d ask your parents.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,629 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

There’s train service between LA and San Diego. You can get on Google Maps and feed in your destination address and your address and select the public transportation routing. Depending upon where you are starting from in LA you will normally get different options. The train starts in Union Station in LA, but depending upon the time of day, I sometimes get routings that have me going by bus to Anaheim and then catching the train. (I only have experience taking the train back from San Diego but I have explored different public transit options to get there). When you use the routing function you may need to play with the time of day option.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Union Station
Union Station
1,557 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
727 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

How old are you? If your 16 or 17 you can travel on amtrack without any restrictions.. If your 13 to 15 you can travel on amtrack with parents permission and a interview . your parents must drop you off and an adult must pick you up...if your 12 and under you have to ride with your parents.. But amtrack would be the fastest way without a car..

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

I heard that flixbus required passport?

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

My mother lets me, its just that I dont know how I’ll get there

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

Loey, I gave you the weblink, it's your job to open it and read the requirements.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
727 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Angeles to San Diego??

Ok you say your mother let's you.. But how old are you? If your under 16 and over 12 you still need your mom to go the train station.. Or if needed to make arrangements call Amtrack.. .but if your 16 or 17 you can go on amtrack without any restrictions but you might need an id with your birth date or fir your parents to come down to Amtrack

Reply to: Los Angeles to San Diego??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted