We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PALM SPRINGS - which hotel would you choose

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
PALM SPRINGS - which hotel would you choose

Hi guys. Would appreciate some opinions. Some info: travelling in October or November 2018; single female; mid 50’s. I can no longer drive and while I can walk some…I use a walker the majority of the time for safety reasons. So, close proximity to downtown/restaurants (not a shopper) is important. Because of my limitations, I anticipate spending A LOT of time at the hotel and pool. So those being nice is important to me…balcony or outside patio would be great. Fancy is not important…just nice and comfortable.

Would you recommend….Hyatt Downtown OR Best Western Plus LAS Brisas OR Hilton

Coming from Canada and our exchange rate is horrible. Just need one bed, TV, small refridgerator, microwave would be handy and a clean room. Would love to keep the cost AROUND $220 per night. Staying for 5 nights.

Thanks. Have a great day / night.

Mentioned in this post
Las Brisas
Las Brisas
1,768 Reviews
Laguna Beach, CA
Desert Riviera Hotel
Desert Riviera Hotel
#1 of 75 hotels in Palm Springs
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 65 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel California
Hotel California
#2 of 75 hotels in Palm Springs
2 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,363 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PALM SPRINGS - which hotel would you choose

Hi ,

I think the Hyatt has a nice location and nice pool area. You can easily get from there to restaurants

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,530 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PALM SPRINGS - which hotel would you choose

I've stayed in both and the Hyatt is the best. Has an elevator, nice pool with misters, you want a room that faces the golf course and mountains. Nice to sit on the balcony with a cup of coffee or beverage.

They have a restaurant on the ground floor facing the street that is nice for people watching. Others up and down the street.

Reply to: PALM SPRINGS - which hotel would you choose
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted