We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip through Colorado, staying in Parachute

Bowling Green...
6 posts
Save Topic
Road Trip through Colorado, staying in Parachute

Hello Everyone! My fiance and I will be leaving late Friday night to travel I 70 through Kansas, then I 70 through Colorado. We have already booked a room in Parachute, CO and we will be staying there on Saturday. We plan on waking up early on Sunday to drive closer to Sedona but want suggestions on places to see and things to do, sights to see, and places to eat and drink near Parachute. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
374 Reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour from Las...
602 Reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Las Vegas Tour: Grand Canyon...
127 Reviews
from US$476.99*
US$499.00
3 replies to this topic
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
469 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip through Colorado, staying in Parachute

Parachute doesn't have a ton, it has a few hotels by the highway and weed shops. Lot more to do 45 mins east in Glenwood Springs or 45 mins west in Fruita/Grand Junction

Bowling Green...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip through Colorado, staying in Parachute

Thanks! Any recommendations on things to do or see in Grand Junction or Glenwood Springs?

Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
469 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Road Trip through Colorado, staying in Parachute

Glenwood has a couple of hot springs pools, nice after driving. It is on the river with a bike path back up through the canyon with some nice hikes up side canyons like Grizzly Creek or No Name. There is Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park where there are caves and rides. There are mountain bike trails all over. Downtown has a good selection of restaurants etc..

Junction/Fruita is next to Colorado National Monument. Fruita is a world class mountain biking destination with an awesome pizza place called the Hot Tomato. There are paved trails on the river. Palisade has great farm/fruit stands and wineries just east of junction. Downtown Junction has a good selection of restaurants.

Depending on dates yo might find live music or outdoor festivals of some sort.

Reply to: Road Trip through Colorado, staying in Parachute
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted