We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for family trip

3 posts
Save Topic
Advice for family trip

My daughter has asked that we go to the beach for her birthday , which is April 10. I’m wondering which beach in Florida would be best for that week that will have good warm weather and won’t have much of the spring break madness. My daughter is 3 and I am currently pregnant with the second and just wanting quiet and family oriented.

We have always went to PCB and never been past it so I’m lost with any other beaches.

We’re hoping for a house on a beach to be able to just walk out on the beach on the gulf side .

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing...
875 Reviews
from US$67.99*
Free Cancellation
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
109 Reviews
from US$145.00*
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
496 Reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Free Cancellation
4 replies to this topic
ky
Level Contributor
374 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for family trip

Look at Sanibel. Beautiful relaxing family beach. I have not been during spring break but I wouldnot expect spring break madness.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for family trip

St Pete Beach would be perfect for you.

Mentioned in this post
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for family trip

Thank you!!

Crystal River...
Level Contributor
144 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for family trip

I have stayed at the Beach Side Palms on Treasure Island Beach, and it was wonderful. The rooms are cozy, beautifully decorated and comfortable- and they have all the items you need for the beach- chairs, umbrella, small cooler- plus they are a quick walk to the beach. It is a small , vintage motel that has been updated to be pretty, but not pretentious. The owners are friendly, and since it is small- it is a great place to chill, and relax. You can easily walk out to the Gulf, and it is on a part of the beach that isn't super busy. With a small child, it would be easy to walk out to the beach, and then back to the room for naps, etc. It is close enough to visit St Petersburg, or other areas if you wanted to catch a concert, museum, etc- but with small shops and restaurants close enough to stay close to the motel if you prefer.

Mentioned in this post
Beach Side Palms
Beach Side Palms
97 Reviews
Treasure Island, FL
Treasure Island Beach
Treasure Island Beach
1,736 Reviews
Treasure Island, FL
Reply to: Advice for family trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted