We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow today

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
271 reviews
Save Topic
Snow today

Managed to get the skis out today and did a little jaunt in my local forest preserves.... There was *just* enough snow (about an inch up north) to make it happen, but only on the grassy areas....

Having said that, since it's supposed to get very cold tonite, i suspect it will be possible to get out early tomorrow morning, away from the city---the snow will dry out, so it won't be so sticky.... So, if you're dying to get on your skis, do it tomorrow before the big warmup later in the week!!

Edited: 12 November 2013, 08:17
Chicago
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow today

I need new skies first though.

There wasn't enough snow by me to ski on anyway.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
15,429 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow today

Here yesterday: gone today. It's too early to get excited about snow. But tell that to Costco which had Christmas junk up before Halloween!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,757 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow today

heck, they had it up at the beginning of oct! same with menards!

4. Re: Snow today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 14:19