We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Into Boston, Staying in Provincetown. Best travel opt

1 post
Save Topic
Flying Into Boston, Staying in Provincetown. Best travel opt

I'm surprising my wife with a trip to Provincetown and flying into Boston. With that said, do I need to rent a car for the drive or take the fast ferry? If I take the fast ferry, how do I get there from the airport? Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
3 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,420 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Into Boston, Staying in Provincetown. Best travel opt

Will you spend your whole time in Ptown or do you want to explore other parts of the outer Cape? If you want to explore, you may want a car

How you reach the ferry ... Uber/Lyft/taxi is an option. So is subway. There are two ferries so subway options will vary based on which you choose. Both are reputable and similar in price. Choose the one that fits best timewise.

The two companies are Boston Harbor Cruises and Baystate Cruise company.

You can also fly from Logan to Ptown. Look at Cape Air

Mentioned in this post
Boston Harbor Cruises
Boston Harbor Cruises
1,412 Reviews
Boston, MA
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
145 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Into Boston, Staying in Provincetown. Best travel opt

The ferry run by Bay State Cruise Lines can be easily reached from Logan by th Silver Line. Get off at World Trade Center stop and walk across the street. This will be easy even with luggage.

Silver Line from airport to WTC is free, you pay for the return trip (under S3 pp) and it runs frequently.

I have never used Boston Harbor Cruise yet because their schedule conflicts with my return flights to South Florida.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 05:15
Mentioned in this post
World Trade Center Boston
World Trade Center Boston
31 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston Harbor Hotel
Boston Harbor Hotel
2,044 Reviews
Boston, MA
Florida
Florida
United States
Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Into Boston, Staying in Provincetown. Best travel opt

Take the Fast Ferry. Well worth the money to save yourself hours of precious vaca time. Cape traffic in the summer is miserable and not only would you have to drive TO the cape, you literally would also have to drive the entire length of the cape.

Cape Air might also be an option

Reply to: Flying Into Boston, Staying in Provincetown. Best travel opt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;