We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in Auburn, NH

Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Hiking in Auburn, NH

Hi all,

we will be camping at Calef Lake Family Campground in Auburn, NH late July.. We are looking for moderate-challenging hiking trails in the area. Not walking trails...just some outdoor fun for 6 young adults from Canada to adventure around.

Any ideas? They are appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
1 review
1. Re: Hiking in Auburn, NH

Would you be willing to drive between 1-2 hours? I could be speculating wrong about what you mean by moderate to challenging but I don't think there's anything good right nearby.

The White Mountains (maybe 1.5 hours away) have more options then I could list. South, and about an hour and a half away is Mt. Monadnock which has a lot of different trails to choose from.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Hiking in Auburn, NH

Auburn is a small town just outside Manchester, the biggest city in New Hampshire. The immediate area is fairly flat. However if you drive west or north, there are plenty of hiking opportunities. As the above mentioned, Mt Monadonock, which is just east of Keene is a very popular, good sized hiking mountain. I'm sure there are many other trails nearby in the Peterborough-Hancock-francistown area, a quiet and picturesque corner of NH. If you drive up rte I-93 then I-89 you can hike and explore Mt Kearsarge, another popular and somewhat challenging hiking area. On a clear day, you can see the Boston skyline from the summit. Of course you can head north on I-93 into the white mountains which has literally hundreds of miles of hiking trails.

Reply to: Hiking in Auburn, NH
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted