We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Husband just retired from the Army and taking a nice 5 day

1 post
Save Topic
Husband just retired from the Army and taking a nice 5 day

Hello I am planning a trip for my husband and myself to New Mexico, we don't know where we are staying or what we are doing just yet. Any feedback is appreciated. We will be going in June 2018. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
New Mexico
New Mexico
United States
3 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Husband just retired from the Army and taking a nice 5 day

Consider Santa Fe and Taos. www.santafe.org www.taos.org . Plenty to do in both places. Check the websites listed for ideas of places to stay, dine and things to do.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Taos
Taos
Taos County, NM
2. Re: Husband just retired from the Army and taking a nice 5 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 April 2018, 09:23

Ansbach
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Husband just retired from the Army and taking a nice 5 day

Santa Fe and Taos. Maybe Ruidoso / Cloudcroft. June can be chilly, especially in Taos.

We tent camp in Ruidoso and Cloudcroft regularly and it is ALWAYS cold at night. Seriously....I'm talking frost on the tent in August. I'm originally from the deep south so tent camping in the summer means no shirt and shorts and crippling humidity at 3 AM. The first time I camped in Ruidoso in late July I nearly froze to death.....we had to go the next morning and buy sleeping bags...an item I have never owned in my life despite having camped at least 20 nights a year for 50 years!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Taos
Taos
Taos County, NM
Ruidoso
Ruidoso
New Mexico
Cloudcroft
Cloudcroft