We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach in NC

2 posts
Save Topic
Best Beach in NC

My sister, dad, boyfriend, two young nephews (7 months and almost 2 years), and myself will be traveling to NC (at the end of June/early July) to move my sister into her new home at Fort Bragg before my brother in law comes back from deployment. We will be including a trip to the beach while we are there, but we can't decide which one. We visited the Wilmington area and we weren't really impressed with their boardwalk or shops nearby.

So, we are obviously wanting to spend our time on a beautiful family-friendly beach, but we want to be able to go get a bite to eat at a good, local seafood restaurant and be able to do some shopping. This will probably be a day trip - might make it two. Also, not wanting to really drive more than three hours away from Fayetteville, if possible. BUTTTT if the area is worth it, of course we could make an exception.

We were looking into the Southport, Bald Head Island, Oak Island areas, but we really can't find anything specific online. And I know some beaches are closed due to bacteria, but of course I couldn't find anything online about which areas are closed.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Bragg
Fort Bragg
North Carolina
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
Fayetteville
Fayetteville
North Carolina
Southport
Southport
North Carolina Coast, NC
Bald Head Island
Bald Head Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Oak Island
Oak Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
2 replies to this topic
Elkin, North...
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach in NC

I’m confused, Wilmington is not a beach town. They are several close by.

Mentioned in this post
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach in NC

Whoops... I meant the beaches just south of Wilmington, such as Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach
North Carolina
Kure Beach
Kure Beach
North Carolina Coast, NC
Reply to: Best Beach in NC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted