We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best neighborhood to stay in Pittsburgh

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best neighborhood to stay in Pittsburgh

My husband and I want to visit Pittsburgh in the fall. We will drive from Philadelphia, but want to leave the car parked and use public transportation or walk to everything. What would be the best neighborhood? We are looking at Airbnb as well as hotels. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Likely To Sell Out
2-Day Niagara Falls Tour from New...
454 Reviews
from US$320.00*
Special Offer
Washington DC Day Trip from New York
1,133 Reviews
from US$145.00*
US$169.00
Special Offer
Philadelphia and Amish Country Day...
412 Reviews
from US$145.00*
US$169.00
2 replies to this topic
McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best neighborhood to stay in Pittsburgh

Sections of the north shore are very nice and quiet. The Mexican War streets have some awesome homes. If you could get a place there I think you would really like it. There are a couple of traditional B&Bs in the area that can be very nice. It would not be an awful far walk from the light rail.

If you are looking for more action then south side might be in order but the light rial is not as easily accessible. Though there is a pretty decent bus service.

US
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best neighborhood to stay in Pittsburgh

A lot of the tourist stuff is spread out in Pittsburgh so there’s no one perfect choice. Downtown is often the best and there are a good varieties of hotels. If I were doing an Airbnb, I’d look in the East End like Shadyside, Squirrel Hill or Oakland.

The North Shore hotels are handy too. The Northside is convenient to a lot but you need to be careful on exact location. Nothing will be awful but some won’t really be good.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Shadyside
Shadyside
147 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA
Squirrel Hill
Squirrel Hill
59 Reviews
Pittsburgh, PA