We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument Valley Visitor Centre

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Monument Valley Visitor Centre

Hey there

I am wondering if the Monument Valley Visitor Centre has a place to eat?(a place that has a view would be even better:)

More generally is there an outlook from this Visitor Centre?

Lastly any small hikes from the Visitor Centre?

I'll be travelling there in a rental vehicle so won't be able to drive any of it and considering my options other than booking a tour(money is tight:)

Please note I won't be staying at the View Hotel....hence my questions of "other" ways to enjoy the view.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
The View Hotel
The View Hotel
6,212 Reviews
Monument Valley, UT
3 replies to this topic
Myerstown...
Level Contributor
370 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument Valley Visitor Centre

There is a restaurant at the View with a lovely view! You can eat there even if you are not staying at the hotel. Do check their hours on the website. They are closed for a few hours late afternoon and reopen again for dinner.

Mentioned in this post
The View Hotel
The View Hotel
6,212 Reviews
Monument Valley, UT
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,366 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monument Valley Visitor Centre

Yes there is a view point just outside the visitor center. It is the iconic photo op.

There is a short trail called the Wildcat that takes you around the Left Mitten. Don't attempt to do it in the middle of a hot summer day- there is no shade.

There are rumors of another trail along the rim as well, that has been developed since the cabins and campground have gone in.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,798 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monument Valley Visitor Centre

As stated, the View Hotel restaurant is open to the public. Keep your expectations low. The food is good enough, but it’s primarily Native Navajo fare. The restaurant across the highway at Goulding’s is similar and makes a good second option.

Dining is not much of a priority at MV. .

Mentioned in this post
The View Hotel
The View Hotel
6,212 Reviews
Monument Valley, UT
Reply to: Monument Valley Visitor Centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted